The Caroline Alexander Buck Foundation accepts grant requests throughout the year. All grant requests and supporting documents must be submitted electronically using the form on the website.
We focus our grants on supporting Philadelphia area programs (1) providing educational opportunities and support to children from preschool through high school and (2) delivering social services support to children and their families. Grants from the Caroline Alexander Buck Foundation may be awarded for general operating expenses, to supplement the cost of delivering direct services and for specific projects.
Our Funding Process
We ask organizations interested in applying for funding to complete a short, online application using our form. Our Directors meet twice a year, in the spring and fall, to review grant requests. In some cases, depending on the specifics of a request, the Directors may invite an applicant to make a presentation at a Directors’ meeting.
Application Deadlines: Applications submitted by January 31st will generally be considered at the spring meeting and applications submitted by July 31st will generally be considered at the fall meeting. All awards and their terms are at the discretion of the Directors, including delaying a decision on a request until a future meeting.
- Funding is limited to the greater Philadelphia metropolitan area
- Awards are limited to one-year
- Funded organizations must wait a minimum of two years after receiving the award to submit a new application; for example, an organization that applies in January 2024 and receives funding in April 2024 can submit a new application in January 2026
- We fund only public charities with 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status
- We do not fund: projects that do not have a charitable or educational purpose; individuals; political lobbying or legislative activities; programs that do not support children
- We do not generally fund event sponsorships, capital campaigns or endowments
- We do not fund institutions that discriminate, in policy or in practice, on the basis of age, color, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, race, religion, marital status, disability, veteran or other legally protected status